Subject: [lojban] Re: Any (was: Nick will be with you shortly)

From: Steven Belknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:55:05 -0600

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 09:31 PM, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:29:05PM -0500, Craig wrote:
>> No, it can't. Not when some of us have no training in predicate logic
>> and can only follow the discussion with Lojban instead of Logji.
>
> Since da is only defined in terms of predicate logic, those people
> should either go read a book on same or bow out of the discussion. You
> can't expect us to teach a course in basic predicate logic here. Well,
> you can, but you'd be silly to do so.
>
> -Robin

I find that I agree with Robin, although perhaps this could have been 
said more kindly. There exists a brief introduction to first order 
predicate logic such that the level of discussion may ascend, for any 
and all, for each and every, at 
http://www.cs.olemiss.edu/~hcc/reports/prog_intro_logic.pdf

-Steven