Subject: [lojban] Re: The Any thread

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:36:30 -0500

>>> So let's avoid the unbacked
>> assertions. Now, I know you're about to make an argumentum ad populum
here
>> (or at least most people would) and claim that there are only two of us.
To

>Straw man.

No. A straw man involves shooting down a ridiculous argument which is
attributed to your critics. In this case, the argumentum ad populum would
have been reasonable, and it would have been very unsurprising if it had
been made. It would simply have been worng, so I answered it in advance. Not
quite a straw man, but close.

>> Fourth, traditional Lojban == Baseline. This includes CLL, but is by no
>> means limited to it.

>Of course, what I had intended was that anything in CLL is obviously
>standard or "traditional" lojban. So this point is off topic.

Once you have cured yourself of the notion that CLL and Baseline are
equivalent, you will be better prepared for the time when the BPFK almost
inevitably makes some of the woldy obsolete.