Subject: [lojban] Re: The Any thread

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:09:38 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Craig wrote:

> Third, the fact that anyone disagrees about the meaning of {mi nitcu lo
> mikce} means that there *is* a question.

What's rather amusing here is that only a few months ago, Jordan and I
were arguing on opposite sides. Now that I accepted his argument, Jordan
has switched to my previous position.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jboske/message/1087 (14 dec 2002)

me:
> It doesn't require it, but it doesn't forbid it either, and da is often
> used to refer to specific entities that the speaker has in mind, and of
> which the speaker wants to assert the existence, and wants to assign a
> variable.

Jordan:
This is what is confusing you: You *can't* use da to refer to something
specific.

-- 
What would Jesus bomb?