Subject: [lojban] ntc in cmene

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:33:36 -0500

I wrote the cmene validation routine in valfendi but have a question. The 
paragraph in Chapter 3 says:

"Lojbanized names can begin or end with any permissible consonant pair, not 
just the 48 initial consonant pairs listed above, and can have consonant 
triples in any location, as long as the pairs making up those triples are 
permissible. In addition, names can contain consonant clusters with more than 
three consonants, again requiring that each pair within the cluster is 
valid."

There are four consonant triplets which have permissible pairs but which are 
not permitted by the previous line. Are they forbidden in cmene as well as in 
brivla? I have written the routine as if they are.

I also put the ala'um test in the validation routine instead of the lexer. If 
you type "la ala'um" in standard mode, it lexes it as "la ala'um" and then 
calls "ala'um" invalid.

phma
-- 
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga
.icu'u la ma'atman.