Subject: [lojban] Re: Suggestions Sought: NORALUJV and jbovlaste

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:36:06 -0500 (EST)

Robin Lee Powell scripsit:

> NORALUJV cannot usefully be loaded into jbovlaste, because the
> definition format in no way resembles the lojbanic standard. For
> example:
> 
> fazyta'a annoy+talk
> fanza+tavla: chatter: x1 = tavla1 (talk) = fanza 1 (pest), x2 = tavla2
> (talked to), x3 = tavla3 (talk subject), x4 = tavla4 (talk language), x5 =
> fanza2 (annoyed)

Noralujv was originally in the standard you are talking about, but I ran it
through a Perl program (or maybe an awk program) to expand the place
structure names like "t1" to "tavla1". I am stressed for time right
now, but it shouldn't be that hard to write some code to do the reverse
transformation. The gismu names are right there in the third field for
you, so you can figure out the minimum abbrevs in advance, remembering
that "x" is never a valid abbreviation of any gismu.

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all. There
are no words left to express his staggerment, since Men changed the language
that they learned of elves in the days when all the world was wonderful.
--_The Hobbit_