Subject: [lojban] Re: Suggestions Sought: NORALUJV and jbovlaste

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:47:45 -0800

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:36:06PM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell scripsit:
> 
> > NORALUJV cannot usefully be loaded into jbovlaste, because the
> > definition format in no way resembles the lojbanic standard. For
> > example:
> > 
> > fazyta'a annoy+talk
> > fanza+tavla: chatter: x1 = tavla1 (talk) = fanza 1 (pest), x2 =
> > tavla2 (talked to), x3 = tavla3 (talk subject), x4 = tavla4 (talk
> > language), x5 = fanza2 (annoyed)
> 
> Noralujv was originally in the standard you are talking about, but I
> ran it through a Perl program (or maybe an awk program) to expand the
> place structure names like "t1" to "tavla1". I am stressed for time
> right now, but it shouldn't be that hard to write some code to do the
> reverse transformation. The gismu names are right there in the third
> field for you, so you can figure out the minimum abbrevs in advance,
> remembering that "x" is never a valid abbreviation of any gismu.

OK, we're obviously talking about different standards.

x1 is a chatterer who chatters at x2 about x3 in language x4

And, by the way, fanza2 is clearly x2 of fazyta'a (i.e. equal to
tavla2), not x5.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi