Subject: [lojban] jbovlaste 0.9: Basically Done

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:05:10 -0800

jbovlaste is now officially at version 0.9.

This is a release candidate; in other words, all major features should
be in place. It should also be useable by anyone who knows a fair bit
of lojban (i.e., if you've just started, you shouldn't be using it
except to look up words, and you may have trouble understanding it)

There are definately things that aren't done, but none of them impede
the basic functioning of the system, that I'm aware of. Check
<http://www.lojban.org/rt/> in the jbovlase queue for things that I know
aren't done yet, and let me know if you think they're *really*
important.

I will leave it this way for about a week, and then jbovlaste will be
fully released (i.e. jbovlaste 1.0).

-Robin

So, at this point, submit bugs if the following are all true:

1. You have *any* trouble using jbovlaste.

2. You have some experience with lojban.

3. You have read the help files.

Thins that are major that are known to not be done yet:

1. Spanish and Esperanto lists. The formatting is wrong, and people
are working on it. At least I think they are. 8)

2. There are errors in the Notes fields of some words; this is also
being worked on.

3. NORALUJV is not entered. The formatting is *very* wrong.

4. There is no searching facility. Just realized that; oops.

5. Minor dictionary formating issues.

Things fixed in this release:

1. Definition entry was completely re-vamped to hopefully make it
easier for users.

2. Many things were done to reduce the likelyhood of a bunch of useless
natlang word entries.

3. What you voted for is now indicated.

List of RT requests fixed:

Lujvo with a place taken from multiple gismu
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=67
Re: Your lujvo records in Jbovlaste
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=92
natlang word browse window
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=95
recent.html needs languages.
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=48
Fuzzy natlang offerings.
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=94
Indicating vote status.
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=38
Better Place Structure Entry
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=15
gismu notes need to have x1 place markers converted to LaTeX
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=96
Erroneous message output by Mason on Dictionary record screen
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=101
Wiki nlw links need more.
http://www.lojban.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=51

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi