Subject: [lojban] Re: spofu skami

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:52:33 -0800

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:43:19PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2003 13:16, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > Umm, no, I don't. IIRC we've discussed this before, and I threw my
> > hands up in frustration because I couldn't understand what the hell
> > you were trying to say.
> >
> > The x1 of nirna is clearly a neuron. The x2 is the body containing
> > the neuron. I have no idea how one could possibly have any
> > reasonable argument against that point.
>
> "metaphor", pe'i, means that {nirna} can be used in a tanru or lujvo
> to mean "network connection", even though that is not the meaning of
> {nirna} used by itself.

If people want to do something so insanely confusing when there are
perfectly good words that actually *mean* network connection (ve benji
or tcana pluta, for example), that's their right, I suppose, but
it shouldn't be enshrined in the gi'uste.

> How did we get into this discussion? I just wanted to let you know
> that my computer is down...

Heh. I bitched about nirna in my translation of your post.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi