Subject: [lojban] Re: spofu skami

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:40:06 -0800

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 02:25:29PM -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
> You must be waiting for me to launch into a tirade about how
> neuron-like computer networks are. 

Not really, no.

> In fact, the "dotted lines" bounding gismu are as arbitrary as
> anything else. But just because one covers more than one English word
> does not make it polysemic. Polysemy is when there are more than one,
> topologically-separate "dotted line" regions.

OK, see, *that* was an argument.

Now if you could please explain to me how a definition that encompasses
both computer networks and neurons does *not* include talking, or a
piece of string between two cans, I'd appreciate it. Unless you don't
*mind* those being included, of course.

The reason I ask is that the only similarity I'm aware of between a
neuran and computer networks is data transmission, and there are a *lot*
of things that are data transmission.

BTW, what is the x2 of nirna for a computer network? There's no body,
so I'm not sure what you'd put there.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi