Subject: [lojban] New interfaces to jbovlaste

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:41:56 -0700

There are two new (read-only) interfaces to the jbovlaste data:

The first is a web based search tool, available at:
http://www.lojban.org/cgi-bin/dict.pl

If you know the word you want to look up, just type it into the box,
and hit 'Submit Query'. If you're not quite sure, then pick something
besides "Return Definitions" in the "Search type" combo box.

The second interface is via the DICT (RFC2229) protocol (and is
actually used by the first interface). You can get DICT clients from
http://www.dict.org/links.html for a variety of operating systems.
Simply tell your client to use "lojban.org" as the DICT server, and
you're all set.

Currently the data returned (by both methods, since they have the same
underlying source!) has a few slight formatting issues, but is
entirely usable. Please don't report formatting problems, they're
known already and will be taken care of as time becomes available.

(To increase performance, pick a specific database when looking up words,
rather than searching all databases.)

Neither of these methods are intended to allow you to edit data, for
that you should continue to use the main jbovlaste interface at:
http://www.lojban.org/jbovlaste/

Enjoy.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Reality is what refuses to go away
when you stop believing in it.