Subject: [lojban] Re: [lojban.org #92] Re: Your lujvo records in Jbovlaste

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:37:47 -0500

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 12:06:15PM -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 09:59:04AM -0500, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
> > (I know that if I were editing the dictionary, my first step will be
> > to pull whatever relevant information I need out of jvovlaste into a
> > text file since I find myself increasingly frustrated with web-based
> > editing interfaces. I like the power of a real editor with global
> > change and macro capability.)
> 
> jbovlaste currently produces LaTeX dictionary outputs on demand. LaTeX
> is plain text in exactly the same way that HTML is. 8)

See, the problem is that you can't edit the LaTeX and re-upload it.

I realize that it would be quite difficult to make a system where
multiple people can edit the dictionary in text. There's all kinds of
timing issues and things that can go generally wrong. But if someone's
putting in lots of definitions at once, editing text is much nicer than
clicking through HTML forms. I don't know if you can do anything about
this.

-- 
mu'o mi'e rab.spir