Subject: [lojban] Re: [lojban.org #155] allow other senses to gloss words with no sense specified

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:03:47 -0800

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:40:45AM -0800, Jorge Llambias via RT wrote:
> Would it be possible to allow new senses to words with no sense
> specified? 

No, sorry.

> For example, I can't add "repeat" in the sense of "say again" for
> {ke'usku}, or "distance" in the sense "between two objects" for
> {tersei} because "repeat" and "distance" are already taken. A word
> should not be blocked for use as a gloss word just because it was used
> previously without a sense specified properly.

As the window that comes up *VERY* *CLEARLY*[1] states, you're supposed
to submit a bug so an admin can change it. This is so the polysemy of
the keywords in the gismu list can be changed over time as needed,
instead of having to do them all at once.

If we didn't do it this way, the crappy keywords would never get fixed.

"repeat" and "distance" have been fixed; you should be able to enter
your words now.

-Robin
[1]: If you find it in any way unclear, please explain the unclarity to
me and I will fix it.

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi