Subject: [lojban] Re: bakykakpa

From: Nora LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:36:48 -0500

At 08:11 PM 3/21/03 -0500, Pierre wrote:
>On Friday 21 March 2003 19:57, Craig wrote:
> > I would *guess* that it is simply "the origin of the dirt" - ie, te
> > bakykakpa would be vague and whether it means the field (which the furrows
> > are dug into) or the furrows would vary according to context. However,
> > since usage decides what lujvo place structures are, the use that is more
> > common will become the standard.
> > Note, however, that "foldi" already covers fields, so "furrow" will be more
> > likely to need to be said with a bakykakpa place.
>
>Actually I think that "to plow a furrow" would be better expressed by
>{lijykakpa} - which of course also applies to digging a ditch or making the
>groove in a record. One might also xirkakpa or xaslykakpa, though one should
>not bakyjoixaslykakpa.

Ummm. Am I missing something? If you're trying for "plow", isn't "plixa" 
more appropriate?

-- 
mi'e noras [email-masked]
Nora LeChevalier