Subject: Alice proofreading

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:40:50 +0100

I've decided the best way for me to learn lojban is to read Alice.

Although I'd like to nitpick the use of each LE+NU, I just can't be
bothered, so here is a list of the mistakes I find. (I also can't be
bothered to read the original, so I may not see some mistakes - or find
some that aren't actually mistakes at all.)

pamo'o
Alice falls down a well: la alis farlu fo lo mutce condi jinto. A jinto is
something that is a source of some liquid. It certainly isn't a vertical
shaft. How about {rajytu'u}

I don't know how to translate "cupboard", but I'm not impressed by "kabri
tanxe"

why does Alice say {*uo* mi na ba xanka sa'a li'o} I don't get what uo
means. At first I thought she had reached the end of her fall, but that's
not the case.

After falling like this: {ba lonu farlu tai ti kei} shouldn't it be {tai
la'edi'u}?

{i zu'u le cabna na matrai li'o} what is {matrai} a typo for?

just after there is an {i go'i} which I don't get

enough for now, this is tougher than I thought, although I have managed to
impress a few people (I've printed out the first chapter and I've been
reading it during boring lectures - with little help from wordlists).
--
http://ic.epfl.ch/~dyke
e'osai ko sarji la lojban - www.lojban.org

"That man is such an ignoramus, Father." [...]
"Stand inside his soul and see the world through his eyes. You will feel
the pain he feels because of his ignorance, and you will not laugh."
-- Chaim Potok, "The Chosen"