Subject: Re: [lojban] Newbie

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:40:49 +0000

la syciskom cusku di'e

>[English]
>Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come.
>In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the
>world!
>
>[Lojban]
>le xamsi cu le mijtu'a mi te klama
>vi ba xabju fa mi .e le ckini mi pu le fanmo munje
>
>Am I done right? Please comment!

{cu} always goes right in front of the selbri, so the
first sentence should be {le xamsi le mijytu'a mi [cu] te klama}
In fact, {cu} is not needed there because {mi} cannot absorb
the following selbri as part of the sumti.

The second sentence has to start with {i}, otherwise it
continues the first one. "my heirs" would be {le cerda be mi}.
{be} is necessary so that {mi} is not taken as a sumti of
{xabju}.

"The ending of the world" could be {le fanmo be le munje}, or
{le munje fanmo}. {le fano munje} would be something like
"the final world".

{pu le fanmo munje} means "at some point before le fanmo munje",
but we want "for all time up to the ending of the world", so
I propose {ze'e ba le fanmo be le munje}, which means "throughout
all time towards the future, up to the end of the world".

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail