Subject: Re: [lojban] Newbie

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 00:13:11 +0000

la píer cusku di'e

> > I propose {ze'e ba le fanmo be le munje}, which means "throughout
> > all time towards the future, up to the end of the world".
>
>That should be {ze'epu} - {ze'eba} means "throughout all time *after*".

{ze'epu} means from the mists of time past, untill the reference point.
{ze'eba} from the reference point, untill the mists of future time.

{ze'epu} certainly doesn't work here, because we want the interval
that goes from the present towards the future.

You may be thinking that the sumti tagged by {ze'eba} has to be
the reference point. That does not hold for most tags, for example
in {ze'e KOhA}, KOhA is the interval, not the origin.

I hold that only PUs and FAhAs tag the origin, and only in their
function as position markers. In their function after ZEhA, as
direction markers, they should tag the end point (otherwise there
is no other way to tag it, while we already have a way to tag
the origin).

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail