Subject: Re: Alice proofreading

From: "jjllambias2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:07:44 -0000

la greg cusku di'e

> > {kabri vasru}? I don't particularly like {kabri tanxe} either,
> > but I can't find anything better.
> 
> No, call it a kitchen container but not a cup container/box. a 
cupboard is
> not better identified by having cups

Maybe {bimdadyta'e}, {bitmu dandu tanxe}? Or just {bimta'e}?

> i di'a co'e
> 
> {le se vorme noi traji le ka melbi lei purdi} this is missing the 
kei after
> melbi

Right.

> {le nu denpa fi le cmalu vorme} wouldn't a tu'a be appropriate here?

Ok.

> {gi'e xadba pacna le nu facki} I can't help but feel that lojban's 
less
> "English" devices should be used here {50% pacna} or something 
similar

What's the difference between xadba and 50%?
Maybe {milxe} instead of {xadba}, but I'm not sure {xadba} is wrong.

> {i xamgu fa le nu cusku lu ko mi pinxe li'u} I suppose this should 
be "It's
> all very well saying "drink me!", but..." some statement of
> insatisfaction/annoyance/irony should be added or used to replace 
xamgu

"o'ocu'i"?

> ?s/{lei sampu jivni}/{lei sampu jinvi}/

Actually, {lei samu javni}.

> this sumti is then {no'u}d to other sumti which are {le nu co'e}s. 
Can a lei
> be semantically no'ud to le?

In general, yes: {lei stagi ku no'u le salta}: The vegetables,
which constitute the salad. In this particular case, it does 
seem wrong. I think it should be {lo'e sampu javni}.

> {[lenu pinxe le vindu] cu li'o fanza da} Surely it does more than
> annoy/irritate ?

"[...] it is almost certain to disagree with you, sooner or later". 

> In describing the taste as a mixture of things, shouldn't these 
be "lo'e"

Yes.

> why {grutrxananase} but {rutrceraso} what does the latter mean by 
the way?

Typo. {grutrceraso} is "cherry".

> {i abu ta'e sezystidu lo xamgu mutce} shouldn't this be lo'e?

Yes.

> remo'o
> 
> I love {za'uzra}, I'd just got ready to point out a mistake when I 
realised
> it was correct.

ki'e ui

> shouldn't the first {to} have a {sa'a}?

Not really, it is a parenthetical remark by the same person
(the author) that says the main sentence. {sa'a} is needed when
it is the author inserting a comment within one of the characters'
speech.

i mi do mutce ckire le nu ca'o pinka

mu'o mi'e xorxes