Subject: [lojban] Learning Progressions

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 01:30:03 -0800

I've noticed that as I watch people learn lojban on IRC, there are
definate stages they go through. Some, such as forgetting about
'y', are probably english-specific.

The tanru -> lujvo -> fu'ivla progression, however, seems to be
rather universal. Given unlimited sentence preperation time,
newbies build these *amazing* tanru with je and stuff. Medium-bies
try to turn everything into lujvo ("what's a good lujvo for
'pineapple daquiri'?").

Advanced learners develop a brief obbsession with fu'ivla which
eventually settles down, but they still use more fu'ivla than any
newbie. In fact, newbies essentially don't use them at all.

It's kinda neat.

Anyone else notice trends like that?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi