Subject: [lojban] [[email-masked]: OUTAGE NOTIFICATION]

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:26:38 -0800

This is a message from my co-lo. The machine I have there hosts
lojban.org.

It is worth noting that I do *not* have room in my schedule this
weekend to be there for this (I just found out today), but then the
machine came up just fine the last time it lost power, so I'm not
too worried.

-Robin

----- Forwarded message from Robin Powell <[email-masked]> -----

This coming Saturday, April 5, 2003, we would like to schedule an extended
outage affecting all machines in the FRAAR colocation space. This outage
will include a complete power outage at the facility, so machines should be

remotely shut down before 11AM on April 5. (We will disconnect power at
*exactly* 11AM.)

We will be using this outage to accomplish the following tasks:
* Replace all existing UPS systems.
* Clean up power, network, and serial console wiring.
* Clean up machine layout in racks, minimizing wasted space.

To accomplish these goals, many or all machines in the space will need to
be moved within the racks, and virtually all of the power, serial, and
network cabling will be rerouted. If you wish to be present during the
work (since machines will be re-racked), please contact us in the next few
days. You will need to be at 950 Charter before 10:30 AM to be let into
the building; we will not stop work to let people in once we have begun
cleaning up the space.

If all goes well, we expect the entire work to take between 4 and 6 hours,
but are allowing for up to 12 hours outage should we run into problems. We

apologize for having to have such a long outage, but between the fact that
our existing UPS systems have reached the end of their useful life and the
fact that the wiring needs significant cleaning, it has become a necessity.

Hopefully, with this change, we can avoid ever having to require such a
long maintenance window in the future.

Thanks again for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to contact
us if you have any concerns with this outage.

Michael Sawyer

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi