Subject: [lojban] Re: le jdaselsku pe lo nunjdajirgau .e lo cesysai

From: Jorge "Llamb�as" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:00:34 -0800 (PST)

la filip cusku di'e

> Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of 
> the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
> 
> ki'u
> le nu
> catni fi tu'a la .iesus.xristos.
> kei
> mi jdajirgau do
> fi'o cmene be le patfu .e le bersa .e le censa pruxi fe'u ku
> vau
> .a'o re'e

I suggest something like:

ca'e teca'i tu'a la iesus xristos mi jdajirgau do
seka'i le patfu ku joi le bersa ku joi le censa pruxi 
i a'ore'e

ca'e: This indicates that it is a performative. I am not just 
describing what I'm doing, but by saying this words I am
actually baptizing you.

teca'i: seems better than ki'u

seka'i: that's what "in the name of" means, doesn't it?
I think {fi'o cmene be} would mean something like "naming
the Father, and the Son ..." 

joi: I'm not too sure here. Is it supposed to mean that I
baptize you in the name of the Father, and I baptize you in
the name of the Son, and I baptize you in the name of the
Holy Ghost? If so, then {.e} would be right, but maybe {joi} 
sounds more trinitarian?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more
http://tax.yahoo.com