Subject: Re: mi'e

From: "sshiskom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:23:41 -0000

> why using selgugde?

> When type 2/3 fu'ivla are constructed, the main idea is to have them
> preceded with a semantical category. so gugdrkoria.

No. {le selgugdrkoria} was intended to mean "People of Korea",
that is, "Korean". Isn't {le gugdrkoria} just means
"Korea (as a country)"?

----
Someone of the same generation in the family shares {tamne lerfu},
-- "degree letter"? -- therefore one can know whether others
are of higher generation or not. For example, "sang" is for my
generation, "gi" is for my father's generation, "gab" is for my
grandfather's generation. So if I meet my relative named
"seo gihun", he must be one generation higher than me.

Ok. This is how things worked, but this custom is on the way of
fading away -- mainly because nuclearization of Korean families.

----
mi'e sanxiyn.