Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: mi'e

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 06:48:16 -0400

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 05:23, sshiskom wrote:
> > .i le segugdrkoria cu kakne nu facki le du'u kau dzena kau
> > ri'a la'e di'u
>
> It was parsed by jbofi'e, but with wrong semantics. Of course,
> {nu facki} needs {le} in front of it! And it seems {segugdrkoria}
> is not recognized as I intended... Should I say {selgugdrkoria},
> using lujvo {selgugde}?

A type-3 fu'ivla can't be made with two rafsi. This has been tried and found 
unworkable. (I'm not sure what the counterexample was, but the attempt I 
remember having been tried was *{selgernrotfaila}.)

Some fu'ivla can workably be given long rafsi and made into lujvo. There are 
two proposals for this: one is in the Book, and the other (by me) is on the 
wiki. But all rafsi fu'ivla end in a single vowel, which {gugdrkoria} 
doesn't.

I suggest that {gugdrkoria} and other type-3 fu'ivla denoting countries have 
the same place structure as {gugde}. (Type-4 fu'ivla such as {magjaro} have 
the same place structure as {fraso}.) Then you can say {se gugdrkoria} and 
mean what you mean.