Subject: [OT] wget (was Re: archive of all jboske?)

From: "sshiskom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 03:11:18 -0000

> There is no easy way. It can be done with wget and some creativity.
> Let me see what I can do.

I'm relatively new to UNIX. And when I try

----
$ wget http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/message/1
----

I get following messages (a bit edited):

----
Connecting to groups.yahoo.com:80... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302
Location: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/auth?done=%2Fgroup%
2Flojban%2Fmessage%2F1 [following]

Connecting to groups.yahoo.com:80... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 
Location: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/auth?check=G&done=%
2Fgroup%2Flojban%2Fmessage%2F1 [following]

Connecting to groups.yahoo.com:80... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 
Location: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/message/1 [following]

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/message/1: Redirection cycle 
detected.
----

It seems Yahoo! Groups do some automatic authentication check and
when finished, redirect to the original url. And wget detects
cycle, and stops.

How to solve this problem?

mi'e sanxiyn.