Subject: [lojban] Re: ynai

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:01:51 -0500

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:39:16PM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Friday 18 April 2003 18:30, Craig wrote:
> > >".y" is in selma'o Y, not UI - can it really be negated?
> >
> > Y shouldn't be negatable. Y is not negatable in actual usage. The Book does
> > not mention Y being negatable. Jbofi'e thinks Y is negatable. Jordan tells
> > me that the BNF disagrees. Hrm, looks like Y is not negatable.
> 
> What about {mi viska le bloti .ui .y. nai}?

The way the bnf is defined that would not parse, unfortunately.

The rules for that stuff are informal though; they shouldn't be
taken too literally. "Y" really ought to be dealt with at the same
level as si/sa/su, as someone mentioned.

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku