Subject: [lojban] Re: ynai

From: "robin.bcc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:58:01 -0400

Craig wrote:
>>".y" is in selma'o Y, not UI - can it really be negated?
> 
> 
> Y shouldn't be negatable. Y is not negatable in actual usage. The Book does
> not mention Y being negatable. Jbofi'e thinks Y is negatable. Jordan tells
> me that the BNF disagrees. Hrm, looks like Y is not negatable.

If I remember rightly, the CLL is always right, unless it contradicts 
the YACC grammar. The YACC grammar is always right unless it 
contradicts the BNF grammar. All hail to the BNF.

Incidentally, I once explained Lojban to a compsci graduate student. 
His comment: "You've got a Backus-Naur grammar? That is so cool!"

robin.tr

-- 
"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss 
fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533
Turkey

www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin