Subject: [lojban] OT: Semantic Nets

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:11:42 -0400 (EDT)

May be of interest to Lojbanoids.

http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/semnet.htm

A semantic network or net is a graphic notation for representing knowledge
in patterns of interconnected nodes and arcs. Computer implementations of
semantic networks were first developed for artificial intelligence and
machine translation, but earlier versions have long been used in
philosophy, psychology, and linguistics.

What is common to all semantic networks is a declarative graphic
representation that can be used either to represent knowledge or to
support automated systems for reasoning about knowledge. Some versions are
highly informal, but other versions are formally defined systems of logic.
Following are six of the most common kinds of semantic networks, each of
which is discussed in detail in one section of this article.

-- 
In an opinion poll conducted in early March by Zogby, 97% of
Saudis said they had an unfavorable opinion of the US.

"I think that underestimates it," said Awardh Badhi, a political
scientist with the Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies.