Subject: [lojban] Re: The art of place structure. (And how to destroy it.)

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 03:27:50 -0400

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 03:52:45PM +0000, eye_onus wrote:
> I'll take your advice on that, then. I'm sure Lojbanists would 
> understand the 'fa' in 'mi klama sorcu fu le mi klama fa zo'e zo'e' 
> would mean 'the first /unfilled/ sumti place' and not 'the first 
> sumti place' in that context.

Note that you don't need the "fa zo'e zo'e" at all. Any place that is
left out is automatically "zo'e".

I assume this is the reason you're using fa. "fa" actually always means
the first sumti place, even if it's filled, and if it's filled twice
it's treated like "and". "mi klama fa do" means "you and I go", but it's
a rather obtuse way to say it.

Why is that "sorcu" there? Do you mean that you go to the stockpile? In
that case, you want to say "mi klama le sorcu"; you can't leave out
articles. If you meant "store", as in "market", then "mi klama le
zarci".

So what you want to say is something like "mi klama le zarci fu le mi
karce".

Don't be intimidated by all these corrections, incidentally - if people
didn't make mistakes and learn from them, there would be no new
Lojbanists.
-- 
Rob Speer