Subject: [lojban] la jbofi'e pu di'a se cikre

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:59:43 +0100

It's been a while since version 0.38 of jbofi'e came out. Since then,
there have been a lot of changes the source code (some made 18 months
ago) which it would be good to get released as a new version. However,
I've got badly out of touch with Lojban recently, so I don't feel I can
do enough testing of the code for obvious breakage before releasing it.
(The code is, at least, passing a suite of regression tests (which
aren't in the source release but which can be found in the CVS on
digitakingdom.org.), so I don't think it's all bad).

The main changes I can remember doing are:

- portability fixes to make the build work with recent releases of bison

- major rewrite of the pre-parsing for tenses so that constructions like
"mi ca'a pu broda" can be dealt with (which the 0.38 scheme couldn't
handle.)

If anyone fancies some fun trying to find new problems, you can find a
download link on http://www.rc0.org.uk/jbofihe/index.html, or dive
straight in at
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/jbofihe/jbofihe-snap_20030418.tar.gz

Any source patches that accompany bug reports will be much appreciated!

If this code is no worse than 0.38 quality-wise, I'll cut a 0.39
sometime soon. Note there won't be a DOS binary (unless somebody else
can do it), because I have no Microsoft installation at all on the new
PC I built last year so I can't do it any more.

-- 
Richard P. Curnow | Free software fundamentalist
Weston-super-Mare | 
United Kingdom | http://www.rc0.org.uk/