Subject: [lojban] Re: The art of place structure. (And how to destroy it.)

From: "Philip Newton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:05:42 +0200

On 19 Apr 2003 at 2:39, eye_onus wrote:

> I am familiar with 'se' and related, which switch x1 and xn, but is
> there a way to alter the place structure of 'klama' to mean 'x1 goes
> to x2 by means x3 from x4 via route x5'? 

As others have commented, this can be done by the use of multiple SE. 
See also 
http://www.lojban.org/wiki/index.php/Rearranging%20arguments%20without%2
0using%20FA (should be one line ... or search for "Rearranging 
arguments without using FA" on the Wiki). The order you "want" is {te 
xe ve te klama} (other combinations are also possible; this is the one 
listed on the page under "x1 x2 x5 x3 x4 te xe ve te brodu"). Not 
pretty, but it does what you want.

You can also use cmavo from selma'o BAI; for example, "by means" is 
xeka'a, so you could say "mi klama le zarci xe ka'a le karce".

mu'o mi'e .filip.
-- 
Philip Newton <[email-masked]>