Subject: [lojban] Re: The art of place structure. (And how to destroy it.)

From: "Philip Newton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:09:54 +0200

On 19 Apr 2003 at 15:52, eye_onus wrote:

> Actually, I was thikning of 'my car' rather than 'the car' or 'a 
> car', so it would 'fu le mi karce', correct?

Not necessarily. "le mi karce" is correct, but IMO "le karce" is also 
correct since in this context, it is understood to be your car.

(Compare 
http://www.lojban.org/publications/reference_grammar/chapter8.html , 
section 3 "relative phrases", specifically the bit at the end around 
examples 3.19 and 3.20 .)

So you can use "mi klama fu le mi karce" if you want to be specific, 
but could also say "mi klama fu le karce". (And you could be even more 
specific by saying "mi klama fu le karce po mi" if it's your car and 
not just one that you happen to be driving or that you rented or 
whatever.)

mu'o mi'e .filip.
-- 
Philip Newton <[email-masked]>