Subject: [lojban] Re: The art of place structure. (And how to destroy it.)

From: "Philip Newton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:20:40 +0200

On 22 Apr 2003 at 6:52, Jon MacLeod wrote:

> I was
> hoping there was a way of making a lujvo with the revised place structure

Well... you could use {terxelvelterkla}, which is a lujvo with place 
structure "x1 comes/goes to destination x2 using means/vehicle x3 from 
origin x4 via route x5"; it's pretty transparently formed from "te xe 
ve te klama". (I'm not sure what you hope to gain by that, though.)

Or you could use something like {ma'ekla} (< marce + klama), "to go 
with vehicle". Since place structure in lujvo is basically up to the 
author of the lujvo, you could give it the place structure you wanted. 
(It would probably not be easily comprehensible unless the place 
structure were formed by fairly regular rules, which I can't be 
bothered to look up in the refgramm at the moment. Basically, m1=k5 and 
m2=k1, while m3 might be k4 though I'm not sure about that. And m4 
should also appear somewhere in the place structure of the lujvo.)

> or perhaps re-arranging the existing place structure without such
> constructs as 'te xe ve te' or 'xe ka'a' 

Re-arranging the existing place structure is pretty much the domain of 
SE, as far as I know (and, to a lesser degree, of modals [such as FIhO 
and BAI], which can add unnumbered places).

> "I have a brain, I've just lost my mind." -Ian McLeod<vbr><vbr>-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----<vbr>Version 3.1<vbr>GSC>$ d+(++) s++:-- a-- C++ UL P L>+++ !E W+(++) N++ o? K- !w--- O- M@ V? PS+++ PE- Y+ PGP- t+ !5 X(+) R+ !tv-- b+++ DI+ D+ G e* h* r-(%) y+ <vbr>------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

What's a "vbr"? (Whatever it is, I don't think it does what you think 
it does.)

mu'o mi'e .filip.

-- 
filip.niutyn. <[email-masked]>