Subject: [lojban] Re: mi'e

From: Jorge "Llamb�as" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

la djorden cusku di'e

> Why are they kludgey? "zei" is a single syllable.

But each component keeps its own stress. I can't help hearing them
like separate words.

> I think the reason you (and others) think it is kludgey is because
> there are spaces in the spelling of lujvo with zei. Think of "zei"
> like you think of the "y" or "r" or whatnot you add to other lujvo
> (bacrynandu, ma'argaltu), and it doesn't seem at all kludgey.

Well, I do think y and r glue are kludgey too, just somewhat less
so than {zei}. If {zei} wasn't kludgy we would only use zei-lujvo,
since they are so much more clear. Why do we prefer {bacrynandu}
to {bacru zei nandu}?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo
http://search.yahoo.com