Subject: [lojban] Re: mi'e

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:29:01 -0500

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:50:03PM -0700, Jorge Llambías wrote:
> la djorden cusku di'e
> > Why are they kludgey? "zei" is a single syllable.
> 
> But each component keeps its own stress. I can't help hearing them
> like separate words.

That's a good point.

> > I think the reason you (and others) think it is kludgey is because
> > there are spaces in the spelling of lujvo with zei. Think of "zei"
> > like you think of the "y" or "r" or whatnot you add to other lujvo
> > (bacrynandu, ma'argaltu), and it doesn't seem at all kludgey.
> 
> Well, I do think y and r glue are kludgey too, just somewhat less
> so than {zei}. If {zei} wasn't kludgy we would only use zei-lujvo,
> since they are so much more clear. Why do we prefer {bacrynandu}
> to {bacru zei nandu}?

Because it saves 1 syllable.

But I *don't* prefer things like "ma'arbroda" to "cmanybroda". In
fact I don't understand the purpose of CV'V rafsi at all.

Out of curiousity, why are "r" and "y" kludgey?

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku