Subject: [lojban] Re: mi'e

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:28:18 -0400

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 11:14:53AM -0700, Jorge Llamb?as wrote:
> To distinguish tanru from lujvo all we would need is a separator
> cmavo. With the above morphology, we could have {bragrku}
> for {brage'u} and {brake grku} for {barda gerku}, for example.
> 
> And this morphology doesn't use stress at all to segregate
> words.

You've just defined my dream language: Lojban with a morphology that
doesn't suck.

Ceqli started out by changing Loglan's morphology to something very
similar to that (and somewhat more appealing, by treating certain
consonants as vowels, resulting in less-crunchy words like "bala") - but
then it went all fuzzy and non-logical. My ideal language would be
Lojban with the words simply mapped one-to-one into a new morphology
(with the exception of the extra tanru-maker word).

That way it would be trivial to convert from Lojban to the new language
and back.
-- 
Rob Speer