Subject: [lojban] Re: BPFK phpbb

From: Arnt Richard Johansen <[email-masked]>

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, And Rosta wrote:

> [...] But it's unlikely that it will be
> practicable for me to participate unless I can compose
> contributions off-line with the freedom of composition
> that email offers.

I don't understand why you find the phpbb lacking in "freedom of
composition". If you find it difficult to compose messages in an edit box
on the web, why don't you compose the posting in your favourite text
editor, and then cut-and-paste it into the forum?

> [...] I suspect that the low level of participation
> & activity in the current setup is evidence that I am not
> alone in finding the current setup impractical.

I don't know about the other lojbanis, but the low level of pariticipation
on *my* part is twofold: 1) lack of interest in esoteric, technical
discussions, and 2) lack of time and energy, due to real world pressures
(exam is coming up in ~3 weeks, yay!)

In any case, I think the low level of participation *is* cause for
concern, in that the target date for the completion of the BPFK's work is
set to the 15th of May [1], which we're apparently never going to make.

[1] http://www.lojban.org/llg/baseline.html
-- 
Arnt Richard Johansen http://arj.nvg.org/
I think it's fair to say that a lot of Hikawa's popularity is due to the
novelty factor of his youth; most male enka singers look like they've been
driving trucks up and down the Tomei Highway for 20 years while living on a
diet of ramen, shochu and shabu (speed). -Steve McClure