Subject: [lojban] Re: BPFK phpbb

From: Gregory Dyke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:13:00 +0200

And Rosta wrote:

>tsali:
> 
>
>>On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, And Rosta wrote:
>>
>> 
>>
>>>[...] But it's unlikely that it will be
>>>practicable for me to participate unless I can compose
>>>contributions off-line with the freedom of composition
>>>that email offers 
>>> 
>>>
>>I don't understand why you find the phpbb lacking in "freedom of
>>composition". If you find it difficult to compose messages in an edit box
>>on the web, why don't you compose the posting in your favourite text
>>editor, and then cut-and-paste it into the forum?
>> 
>>
>
>I don't want to go into details publicly here, because it will seem like 
>a mere whinge.
> 
>
I'll bitch for you despite the fact I don't cmima the BPFK:

Although the sending by email of each new post is neat, I find it 
altogether too much hastle to have to dial up my isp, login to the 
forum, find where I want to put my post, write it out (something I'd 
like to do offline so that I don't spend any money) and then dial up 
again to repeat the whole messy process. It's difficult enough finding 
the willpower to participate without adding complication.

I also realise that the importance of having a forum is that we need to 
be forced to read all the old postings before we put ours up, and also 
that everything has to be put in the right place.

mu'o mi'e greg