Subject: [lojban] Re: BPFK phpbb

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:20:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 08:44:27PM -0400, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> > Better yet: stop trying to use PHPBB (which Nora and I have
> > started calling the fybyb because how else do you pronounce it %)
> > as a pseudo jboske.
>
> *AMEN*, brother! Preach the *GOOD* word!

Then it behooves EVERY BF commissioner to join jboske immediately. Until
that occurs, the desire to be heard will inhibit BF discussions from
erupting there. People will try to post them where the rest of the BF-ists
are paying attention.

> > (For non-byfy members, this is a change to eliminate selma'o NAI
> > by merging it with UI). Thus, IMO, it is beyond the primary scope
> > for the byfy: an attempt to fix something that is not demonstrably
> > broken.
>
> My new example of how insane this is is
>
> nai nai nai mi nai nelci nai nai nai
>
> which would be legal if this change was made.

Whatever. I'll answer you on jboske after everyone joins, or after
everyone agrees to Yet Another Forum, and we all sign up to THAT one.

Better than stretching out each discussion across the bf phpbb, jboske,
and the twiki, we might carry on jboske style on the phpbb, and have the
shepherd moderate the important, seminal posts up a level. I assume the
phpbb doesn't support anything like that, though.

-- 
In an opinion poll conducted in early March by Zogby, 97% of
Saudis said they had an unfavorable opinion of the US.

"I think that underestimates it," said Awardh Badhi, a political
scientist with the Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies.