Subject: [lojban] Re: BPFK phpbb

From: Jorge "Llamb�as" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

la djorden cusku di'e

> Or how about strange
> things like "leka klama keinai cu xamgu".

I would say it's equivalent to {na'e bo le ka klama cu xamgu}.

> Anyway, I dunno why the text rule allows a nai at the start, but
> you're ignoring camgusmis' point by focusing on that---namely that
> if nai is in UI, it can be used *anywhere*, and thus it should be
> a word which makes sense to be used anywhere (like "ui").

But it _is_ a word that makes sense used anywhere: it changes the
previous word into an opposite. Isn't that how it works now,
except now it only works with a selected set of previous words?

> Other than the problem with making too many sentences legal, I would
> complain that it complicates the parse tree of things like {mi
> na.enai do klama}. The first "na" is handled at the same level as
> the .e and as part of the structure there. But the second "nai"
> (if in UI) is handled at a lower level of the parser (where it
> allows UIs after any word).

Surely that's transparent to human users. In any case, I believe the 
official position is that the parse tree is not always related to the
semantics. That was mentioned on jboske sometime during the outburst.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com