Subject: [lojban] Re: BPFK phpbb

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:11:32 -0500

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 02:06:44PM -0700, Jorge Llambías wrote:
> la djorden cusku di'e
> > Or how about strange
> > things like "leka klama keinai cu xamgu".
> 
> I would say it's equivalent to {na'e bo le ka klama cu xamgu}.

But this is a contradiction of what you say below...

> > Anyway, I dunno why the text rule allows a nai at the start, but
> > you're ignoring camgusmis' point by focusing on that---namely that
> > if nai is in UI, it can be used *anywhere*, and thus it should be
> > a word which makes sense to be used anywhere (like "ui").
> 
> But it _is_ a word that makes sense used anywhere: it changes the
> previous word into an opposite. Isn't that how it works now,
> except now it only works with a selected set of previous words?
[...]

It's not how it works now, and if it were how it worked and it were
in UI, then using nai after a terminator as I suggested above would
have Weird Effects; it could not be equivalent to a na'ebo in front
of the last sumti.

What does nu'inai mean?
nu'i nai ge do mi gi mi do nu'u citka

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku