Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: BPFK phpbb

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:25:10 -0400

At 03:20 PM 4/28/03 -0400, xod wrote:
>On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 08:44:27PM -0400, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> > > Better yet: stop trying to use PHPBB (which Nora and I have
> > > started calling the fybyb because how else do you pronounce it %)
> > > as a pseudo jboske.
> >
> > *AMEN*, brother! Preach the *GOOD* word!
>
>Then it behooves EVERY BF commissioner to join jboske immediately. Until
>that occurs, the desire to be heard will inhibit BF discussions from
>erupting there. People will try to post them where the rest of the BF-ists
>are paying attention.

And then many the byfy-ists will start ignoring the fora, because they 
don't want to read discussion. Let's do the job of defining the language.

> > > (For non-byfy members, this is a change to eliminate selma'o NAI
> > > by merging it with UI). Thus, IMO, it is beyond the primary scope
> > > for the byfy: an attempt to fix something that is not demonstrably
> > > broken.
> >
> > My new example of how insane this is is
> >
> > nai nai nai mi nai nelci nai nai nai
> >
> > which would be legal if this change was made.
>
>Whatever. I'll answer you on jboske after everyone joins, or after
>everyone agrees to Yet Another Forum, and we all sign up to THAT one.

It isn't a jboske issue at the level we are posting. Nor is it really a 
byfy internal issue: the community needs to know what the byfy is doing and 
how we are doing it (at the general level, and to show that we are sticking 
to the job set forth in the baseline policy statement) and have confidence 
that language stability is being strongly supported.

jboske can discuss technical details of whatever it wants. Most 
Lojbanists, possibly including most byfy-ists, aren't interested in 
discussing changes to the language, but rather in clearly understanding 
what the language IS.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org