Subject: [lojban] Re: nai in UI (was: BPFK phpbb)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:26:17 -0700

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:11:51AM -0700, Jorge Llamb?as wrote:
> PU is the nucleus of 'time' and FAhA of 'space'. So BAI, PU, FAhA,
> CAhA, KI, CUhE and others can all function as simple-tense-modal,
> and any arbitrary and unjustified difference between them is bound
> to complicate the language. Why can we say {se BAI}, but not {se
> FAhA}, for example? 

You mean, besides the fact that it doesn't make any sense?

> Why can't we say {to'e cu'e}? 

You mean, besides the fact that it doesn't make any sense?

> Why can't we say {pu na'e ka'e}? Is anybody going to remember that
> you can't say {pu na'e ka'e}? (Or rather that it will parse as {pu
> ku na'e ka'e}.) 

For the same reason you can't say "pu bai klama": LALR(1). If you
haven't gotten used to doing "pu je bai klama", you either are new,
or aren't interested in doing proper formal lojban anyways.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi