Subject: [lojban] Re: seeking project head for new official project

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:18:51 -0600

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 05:00:23PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group wrote:
> It has been that we need an official project to produce a new Lojban sample 
> tape (or CD-ROM/DVD) based on the various .MP3 exchanges and other sound 
> files that people have developed. The tape once created would be added to 
> our product list. (In DVD form, we could also add a quantity of files 
> normally sought from the lojban.org website).

If it was a pure data CD, you could probably stick every Lojban web page
ever onto a single CD.

> The official project for now is just the tape, and we need a project leader 
> to coordinate others and get the job done. Any volunteers, especially from 
> those who have worked on these recordings already? (The recommendations of 
> those working on the project will probably determine whether we consider 
> the DVD).

Its a jump between audio tape and DVD? Tapes have been on the way out
for the last 10 years, and while DVD acceptance is rising quickly, I
don't think the cost of burning them would really be worthwhile. (And
is there even 4.7 gb worth of Lojban stuff that you'd want on a single
disc?)

Everybody has a CD player these days, target the largest section of the
market.

Now, if you want to do something video based, then a DVD would make
sense.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
If at first you don't succeed,
Increase the amperage.