Subject: [lojban] Re: BPFK: Salvo 2 (list naziing)

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:49:43 -0500

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:14:45PM +1000, Nick Nicholas wrote:
> Is the proper venue for technical discussion of Lojban the main lojban list?
> 
> No.
> 
> Then why the hell is this list being flooded with technical 
> discussion of Lojban? That is *why* jboske was created. And jboske 
> was not created exclusively for tinkering discussions. Anyone who 
> claims so is lying. Anyone who wants to discuss technical details of 
> Lojban (of which this clearly is an instance), but refuses to read 
> jboske and wants to use this list instead, is being ornery.

Well. I don't actually *know* why jboske was created. But it is
certainly true that a lot of what could be called "tinkering
discussions" take place there (And just posted a "screw the BNF"
message a day or two ago, for example).

But that's nonimportant; I agree that it is better to seperate
open-ended technical discussion from the main list, and that's what
jboske has become primarily for, now.

[...]
> Meanwhile, if you want to harangue each other about whether UI=NAI is 
> a good thing or not, before the formal presentation on phpbb, then 
> take it to jboske. FFS.
[...]

Agreed. Too bad I didn't read your message before sending replies.

Future replies from me will go to jboske.

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku