Subject: [lojban] Re: required commas (was Re: Stress of cmene)

From: Lionel Vidal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 18:30:36 +0200

Jordan DeLong wrote:

>Perhaps this was intending to refer to commas which don't change
>the pronunciation of the word, and only clarify syllabic consonants.
>E.g. s/Commas are never required/These commas are never required/.
>But no one *actually* uses commas this way anyway. They only really
>use them to split up diphthongs (in cmene).
> 
>
Well, my mistake. You are quite right of course, and although I was less 
than half serious in my first paragraph, I should not have drawn 
non-sensical conclusions for the pleasure of a bad joke. (And anyway
I did realise too late it was non-sensical).

I still think my proposals for default stress on cmene is a good 
solution though.
And I still think that two cmenes should not be considered different if 
they differ
only in stress.

Best wishes,
Lionel

---

From: Lionel Vidal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 18:30:36 +0200

Best wishes,
Lionel