Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Some ideas/questions (long)

From: Jon MacLeod <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:20:35 -0700 (PDT)

If you want to write a detailed proposal on the changes you think would be
good to make in the Lojban language, there is a standard posted (check the
backlogs, look for 'Naziing' in the subject line for a post by la lojbab. to
read the thread from the beginning.) If you can provide convincing arguments
for why to change the things you think should be changed, I would be willing to
bet the community would accept the changes. (Mind you, you'd have to be
extremely convincing.)

I'm on your side on some of the things you've said, and I'd love to see some
of these changes come about.

> If we applied this kind of method to the entire language, until every 
> word follows the system, we could potentially eliminate a lot of 
> words and thus have enough three-letter combinations for every word.

If you seriously want to do this and you'd like some help in doing it, let me
know. I'm all for ironing out the irregularities, myself.

-Jon

=====
"I have a brain, I've just lost my mind." -Ian McLeod

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.1
GSC>$ d+(++) s++:-- a-- C++ UL P L>+++ !E W+(++) N++ o? K- !w--- O- M@ V? PS+++ PE- Y+ PGP- t+ !5 X(+) R+ !tv-- b+++ DI+ D+ G e* h* r-(%) y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com

---

From: Jon MacLeod <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:20:35 -0700 (PDT)

-Jon

=====

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.1