Subject: [lojban] Re: Some ideas/questions (long)

From: "Philip Newton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 13:31:51 +0200

On 3 May 2003 at 23:07, John Cowan wrote:

[gismu]
> (only 3 actually have three, and that was done primarily for
> pedagogical illustrations).

Interesting; up until now I thought there were only two. I've now found 
all three.

I also think I haven't heard the reason given before.

> > Or better yet, why not use the three-letter rafsi all 
> > the time? That would shorten text considerably and, when the words 
> > are only one syllable long, it could reduce the need for all the word 
> > shortcuts that may also be complicated to learn. Not only that, but 
> > using rafsi full-time means that, in order to make lujvo, all you 
> > must do is jam words together.
> 
> It would also eliminate the difference between tanru and lujvo, an
> essential Loglan/Lojban concept.

It would also cause a lot of rafsi-used-for-gismu to clash with cmavo. 
(When I say {li'u}, am I talking about travelling, or am I closing a 
quotation? Is {bai} the-modal-of-bapli or the-rafsi-for-bapli? etc.)

mu'o mi'e .filip.
-- 
filip.niutyn. <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Philip Newton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 13:31:51 +0200

[gismu]

mu'o mi'e .filip.