Subject: [lojban] Re: Mongolian-based Lojban orthography

From: Martin Norbäck <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 May 2003 08:59:29 +0200

li 18 pi'e 23 fi li 5 pi'e 5 pi'e 2003 tcika lenu la djorden ciska di'e
> Actually evidence is to the contrary.
> 
> Unless you have an LCD screen, looking at a white background is
> tougher on the eyes ("staring at a lightbulb").

I would like to see that evidence. I find black text on a light
background (not necessarily white) to be much more readable. It also
allows me to reduce the brightness setting on my monitor on late nights
and still be able to read.

This is true both on crt and lcd screens, more so on lcd screens though.

Ok, so this is a special case, since there is an image involved, but
normally I'd say, don't use any particular foreground/background color
unless you have a very good reason to do so. This allows the user to set
the defaults in his browser to his own liking. The same goes for font
and font size of course.

mu'o mi'e norpan

---

From: Martin Norbäck <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 May 2003 08:59:29 +0200

mu'o mi'e norpan