Subject: Re: xumtau

From: "Stefan \"1of3\" Koch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:04:46 +0200

coi

Oskar wrote:
> But while we are on the subject; I wonder if there is a way to name
> atoms by their atomic number. If one could make a lujvo for 'charged-
> particle', and then attach numbers to it to signify how many (since
> in principle it is the # of protons/electrons that differenciates
> atoms) you could have words for hydrogen and gold, and still have
> room for elements yet to be discovered.

"Charged particle" would be "dicka'u". But IMO that's not really what you
want.

The best think would be something with the structure:

"x1 is a quantity of the chemical element with nuclear charge x2 [li]"

A possible lujvo would be {xumcmirlai}. (I hope I formed the lujvo
correctly. What I wanted to say is {xukmi (se) cmima klani}.
Of course the place structure does not follow the rules but I don't think
there is a better possiblity if you want to use a lujvo.

IMO would be the best possibilty to make up a gismu with the structure since
"chemical element" is a quite fundamental concept in our modern world.

mu'omi'e ctefan.

---

From: "Stefan \"1of3\" Koch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:04:46 +0200

coi

mu'omi'e ctefan.