Subject: [lojban] Re: measuring semantic space

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 13:55:26 -0600

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:37:58PM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> In a message dated 2003-05-06 5:56:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [email-masked] writes:
> 
> > How does one demonstrate that? (Or, for starters, measure semantic space?)
>
> my first thought is: by starting with everything and successively dividing it
> into smaller spaces. rick morneau (creator of katanda/nasendi) does this or 
> very similar. 

And when do you stop dividing?

> second thought: use concept lists (e.g. roget's thesaurus).

That does nothing for you, as you have no idea (let alone evidence or
*proof*!) that whatever list you use is complete.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard

---

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 13:55:26 -0600