Subject: RE: [lojban] 1st Person Imperative

From: Jorge "Llamb�as" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 19:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

la kreig cusku di'e

> I object because the meaining is not the "please do this" conveyed by an
> imperative in natlangs but a statement that it is (or, in this case, ca'a
> would not be default, so it could be) the case, coupled with a feeling of
> pleading.

Consider:

e'u mi'o ca'a citka

To me this is a suggestion that we actually eat. To you it is a
statement that we are actually eating (or will actually eat) coupled
with a feeling of suggestion, (which I'm not sure how it would feel).

This will have to be clarified by the BPFK, I suppose.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com

---

From: Jorge "Llamb�as" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 19:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

la kreig cusku di'e

Consider:

e'u mi'o ca'a citka

mu'o mi'e xorxes